RE: GNUstep & DGS problem

From: Frank D. Engel, Jr.
Subject: RE: GNUstep & DGS problem
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 05:23:51 -0800 (PST)

>> I managed to install GNUstep on an old pc, but I can't get=20
>> the xdps backend to work (while xlib and art work, slowly,=20
>
>I should probably disable or remove the xdps graphics. I never test it

>anymore (and no one else does either, AFAIK). Even when it works, it =
>doesn't work very well due to DGS issues...

DPS would be closer to NextStep, though, and allow for easier emulation
of Apple's Quartz system...

It would be better, IMHO, to fix DGS.  Also, what about those of us who
are thinking of using GNUStep on a *NIX which already has *real* DPS
built-in... like Solaris and IRIX both do, for example?

=====
=======
Frank D. Engel, Jr.

Modify the equilibrium of the vertically-oriented particle decelerator to
result in the reestablishment of its resistance to counterproductive
atmospheric penetration.