What's wrong with adding NSProxy objects to Dictionaries?

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: What's wrong with adding NSProxy objects to Dictionaries?
Date: 03 Apr 2003 17:27:06 +0200

I try to maintain a mutable dictionary which holds NSString keys
pointing to NSDistantObjects.

While the dictionary seems to work initially (-objectForKey does work),
once I issue a -removeObjectForKey: or a -description method (via NSLog)
I end up with the following error:

2003-04-03 17:05:12.495 zillion[4219] callframe.m:262  Assertion failed
in callframe_do_call.  Invalid parameter not satisfying: object.

As it appears the -retain issued by the dictionary seems to trigger the
problem.

Did anybody see this as well?

I had this problem for a while, but now I have to get rid of it. Doesn't
work with older versions of base as well as with a cvs update from
minutes ago.

Thanks,

        Stefan