Re[2]: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 20:43:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 17:35:04 +0100 Richard Frith-Macdonald
<richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

 >| On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 03:50  pm, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
 >|
 >| > I haven't tried it but some part features seems to/may  be present in
 >| > other packages:
 >| >         o mime processing, may be in pantomime
 >|
 >| Also in the base library additions (needed in NSURL support)

:-(

 >| >         o imap4, pop3 and smtp in pantomime too
 >| >         o ldap stuff in gsldap
 >| > Won't it be interesting to have only one library for each feature ? It
 >| > will save time which
 >| > could be invested to improve theses libraries/components :-)
 >|
 >| Yeah ... but how do you pick which one?

Mine is better (TM) :-)

More seriously, I think we could take the one wich has the more features and
which is the more orthogonal;
next add missing feature from the other(s) one(s) and may be some methods to
avoid introducing too much
changes in applications which use the other(s) one(s).
A requirement (IMHO), is to put the resulting library/framework on GNUstep cvs
dev-lib and avoid dependencies n non LGPL
code (of course).

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998