Re: GWorkspace openFile & ImageViewer

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: GWorkspace openFile & ImageViewer
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:22:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hello there,

Richard Frith-Macdonald writes:
 > Marko Riedel wrote:
 >
 > >Hi folks,

[SNIP]

 > >Maybe someone can help me out here.
 > >
 > The application delegate (in your case it's your Controller class) needs
 > to support the standard file handling methods which the workspace will
 > send to it to ask it to handle a file operation.
 >
 > These are ...
 > -application:openFile:
 > -application:openFileWithoutUI:
 > -application:openTempFile:
 > -application:printFile:
 >
 > Just to get it to open files from GWorkspace you probably only need to
 > implement the first of these.
 >
 > You also need to have GPSTextInfo.plist contain information telling the
 > system which file extensions the application is able to open ... if the
 > app is installed in one of the standard locations (make install should
 > do that) and the make_services tool is run to update the caches, then
 > NSWorkspace should know to use it to open the files, and should send the
 > -application:openFile: message to it.

Hello there,

thanks for those pointers but I have already done exactly what you
suggest:

(a) implement -application:openFile:
(b) modify GPSTextInfo.plist

No luck so far. I think Enrico's message documents the problem I'm
having.

In particular, I was able to duplicate the "gopen" behavior that he
describes:

 > gopen a.rtf
 >
 > "a" is loaded and shown.
 >
 > gopen b.rtf