Re: NSString/NSAttributedString and compiler warnings

From: Axel 'Mikesch' Katerbau
Subject: Re: NSString/NSAttributedString and compiler warnings
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:31:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Manuel,

The +string call is the one declared for NSString which return a
NSString* so you have to cast it:
        NSMutableString *string = (NSMutableString*)[NSMutableString
        string];

I had a look at the NSString.h header file. + (id)string is declared in both NSString and NSMutableString interface. I still wonder why the compiler warns me, because the return value is of "type" id.

On Mac OS X there is no such warning BTW (whatever that means... :-) ).

Greetings from Cologne,
 Axel