Re: GNUstep filesystem layout change

From: Benhur Stein
Subject: Re: GNUstep filesystem layout change
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:33:16 -0300

Hi.

From this documentation it is not clear to me the distinction between
ApplicationSupport and Bundles. Where should I install the bundles
of an application? Now I'm putting them under Bundles/<AppName>,
but the document seems to imply that they should be in
AplicationSupport/<AppName>. If that is the case, what is Bundles
for?

Also, in the case of a server offering network mountable applications,
it is said that <server>/Network/Applications should be mounted
on <client>/Network/Servers/<server>. Are all those directories
currently searched by the application-launching/services/etc systems?
Shouldn't other directories from server be visible too (Bundles or
ApplicationSupport come to mind)? Maybe all of
That way, a server could export not only Applications, but a whole
gnustep hierarchy.
Tools directories imported this way cannot go to PATH; opentool should
search all those subdirectories..
How is/was this done on MacOSX/OPENSTEP?

Cheers,
Benhur