Re: GNUstep filesystem layout change

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep filesystem layout change
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:40:24 -0600

Nicola Pero wrote:
The Local domain is the equivalent of /usr/local - it should be owned by
root and writable by root only.  It contains software specific/custom for
that machine (as opposed to software installed with the distribution), but
still installed and managed by the machine *administrator*.

User specific software should be installed in the User domain (the
document makes no mention of this).  Installing in the User domain also
allows different users to install different copies/versions of the same
software, and each one will only see/use his own copy/version - which
looks cool.

Another issue is that Network/Servers and Network/Users make no sense /
have no relevance to the document and should be removed.

I updated the online docs for this.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you