Important: Filesystem layout change

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Important: Filesystem layout change
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:58:20 -0600

I've commited patches to make/base/gui/back to setup and accomidate the new filesystem layout.

I've tried to test things as much as I can, but you should check for any problems. There isn't any need to remove the old system... Now, when you install gnustep-make the next time, all the old directories will automatically be moved to the new location (except for a few base and gui owned dirs which will be reinstalled when you install those libraries). So theoretically, all your old applications will work as-is, with no need for recompiling (which is more than you can say for many changes to the libraries :-)

the Makefiles directory is also linked to $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Makefiles - which doesn't work on Windows, so what I said above doesn't hold on Windows (i.e. you'll need to recompile your applications).

Most, if not all, GNUstep and third-party apps should compile and install without any changes.

Be sure to re-source GNUstep.sh and also re-run make-services.