ANN: RuntimeBrowser port and questions

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: ANN: RuntimeBrowser port and questions
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 15:44:21 -0400

Hi,

I port the RuntimeBrowser (http://www.prajnait.com/source/RuntimeBrowser.html)
 to GNUstep in order to understand some details of objc-runtime.

 Here is the port: http://www.people.virginia.edu/~yc2w/GNUstep/english/
 It is not perfect in many places.

 After the porting, I still have some questions about the runtime system
 and hope someone can answer them.

 Is the objc-runtime one per application ?
 Or every application shares a single objc-runtime ?
In the later case, any application can get the classes of other applicaions,
 which is sort of weird and exposes some potential security problems.

 If each application has its own objc-runtime,
 is it possible that an application use NSBundle to load other applications
 and get their classes from objc-runtime ?
 RuntimeBrowser seems to do so, but doesn't work on FreeBSD
 due to some memory problem.
 I just wonder whether it is prohibited.

 Thanx.

 Have fun.