Re: GSUnit, debian, and flattened

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: GSUnit, debian, and flattened
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 19:19:18 -0400

From: Travis Griggs <tgriggs@keyww.com>
To: GNUstep <discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>
Subject: GSUnit, debian, and flattened
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:26:10 -0700

 [snip]

1) Attached is the actual code I wrote. I realize that there was already some testing frameworks out there. But I wanted to write my own for the experience of doing so. I have no idea if its of value to anyone. Basically, I filed-out SUnit3.0 from a Smalltalk environment and then began changing syntax to make it work. There's still some things I'd like to tweak about it; I'd of course be thrilled if someone were to critique it and provide feedback as I recognize my greeniness.

 It looks great !!
 I never make OCUnit work even though I manage to make it compile.
 GSUnit would be handy.
 I do have a suggestion.
 GSUnit try to install itself even though I only do 'make'.
 It is sort of annoying to me because I usually 'make' as normal user
 and 'make install' as root if 'make' works fine.
 There is one way to avoid linking and include problem
 if the /Lib need to be installed before /Test can compile.
 1. Change /Lib to /GSUnit
 2. Add below into /Test/GNUmakefile:
 ADDITIONAL_TOOL_LIBS += -L../GSUnit/$(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR) -lGSUnit
 ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_DIRS += -I../

 By this way, even /Lib (now /GSUnit) is not installed,
 /Test can find the correct library and
#include <GSUnit/TestCase.h> can still work.

 This is the way I do.
 Maybe there is other good way to do the same thing.

 Yen-Ju