Re: Pantomime

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: Pantomime
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 19:01:53 -0500

On 2003-05-07 18:32:34 -0500 Catherine Luedecker <luedchic@attbi.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I am new to the list and new to GNUstep.  Not totally sure about things yet.

Welcome.

> is it necessary to compile and run the test in the Pantomime source files?  I
> get an error every time I try to "make" it.  I am compiling on a linux system
> using Pantomime-1.1.0pre1

There's also a new Pantomime-1.1.0pre2 (look around
http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime).

What versions are you using in your GNUStep installation?  I have Linux RH
(6.2, 2.2.26-6.2.3smp), WindowMaker 0.8.1, GNUstep make 1.6.0, base 1.6.0, gui
0.8.5 and back 0.8.5.

It looks below that you are not using the gnustep-make package, or you have not
set your environment variables by running GNUstep.sh, which is part of the
package.

Other problems you'll find compiling:

    - Comment out the #ifdef and #endif on lines 31 and 33 of GSCategories.h

> Making all for app Pantomime...
> Compiling file Pantomime.m ...
> Pantomime.m:38:35: warning: Pantomime/MimeBodyPart.h: No such file or
> directory
> Pantomime.m: In function `main':
> Pantomime.m:126: `MimeBodyPart' undeclared (first use in this function)
> Pantomime.m:126: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> Pantomime.m:126: for each function it appears in.)
> Pantomime.m:126: `aMimeBodyPart' undeclared (first use in this function)
> make[1]: *** [shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/Pantomime.o] Error 1
> make: *** [Pantomime.all.app.variables] Error 2
>
> I have been trying to compile GNUMail without success and I wonder if this
> has anything to do with it.

You'll need to set up your GNUstep enviroment, for that it's recommended to
read this guide:

    http://documents.made-it.com/GNUstep/buildguide.html

>From there both Pantomime and GNUMail should compile with just the above
>change to the header file.