RunLoop vs Thread ?

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: RunLoop vs Thread ?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:59:59 -0400

Hi,

 Does it have more advantage to using RunLoop than Thread
 in terms of non-blocking user interface ?
Some tasks in CodeEditor take about 2-3 seconds depending on the file size,
 which block the user input and is annoying.
Would it be better to implement these kinds task into RunLoop than Thread ?
 I feel thread is more difficult to debug
 and need to be careful when coupled with GUI component.
 But I never touch RunLoop before and am not sure it is suitable.

 Thanx

 Yen-Ju