Re: Problem with NSProcessInfo (?)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Problem with NSProcessInfo (?)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 00:28:39 +0100 (BST)

> The documentation to gcc suggests to do something like
>
>   main()
>   {
>     [Foobar load];
>     //...
>   }
>
> which will trigger a [Foobar initialize] which could then do a poseAs:
> however, if +load isn't specifically implemented (even if empty), you
> will get a
>
>   exception NSInvalidArgumentException, reason: Foobar(class) does not
>   recognize load

If the documentation to gcc says that, then it's obviously wrong.  Let me
know where it says that, and I'll correct it.

You should *never* call +load yourself.  The runtime calls it.  If you
just want to make sure that +initialize is called, send a standard message
to the class - for example,

 [Foobar class];