Announce: SpeechService

From: Ian Jones
Subject: Announce: SpeechService
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 00:26:23 +0000

Hi all,

I have written a very basic service that makes use of festival to allow you to turn text from the pasteboard into sythesized speech. Simply highlight the text you wish to synthesize copy it to the pasteboard, then select 'Speech Ouput' from the services menu. You will need to have festival installed and working for this service to work.

You can download it here: http://www.digital-bushido.org/opensource/files/SpeechService.tgz

I'd like to thank Stefan Urbanek for help and suggestions and also the good folks on #gnustep freenode.net for answering questions, in partucilar Alexander Malmberg, Nicolas Roard and Chris Vetter.

Regards,

Ian

<http://www.digital-bushido.org/opensource/files/SpeechService.tgz>