Re: To all german speaking 'steppers: article in german C'tmagazine <Vir

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: To all german speaking 'steppers: article in german C'tmagazine <VirusChecked>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:33:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hello there,

let me start by saying that I am not at all familiar with C++. I
looked around on the web to find out what templates are and it seems
that they could be used e.g. to implement an array class that can
stock different types of different sizes (no mixing), e.g. like an
array of char pointers or of long integers.

I'm going to be quite honest here: that seems like a really good idea
when we compare it to the ObjC way of wrapping C types with NSValues
and numbers with NSNumbers, which BTW can be a real performance hit.

Just my two cents worth,

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html          |