Re: MulleEOInterface

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: MulleEOInterface
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 11:46:42 +0200

Dirk Theisen wrote:

Ok, thanks, but then, in the GNU case, you have to be careful of the
side effects lest you should lose performance or more evil things
happen. In this special case it was

 objc_msgSend([objects objectAtIndex: i], selector, argument)

which after expansion will search the array twice.

Maybe this should be "static inline" functions then?

Hi Dirk,

Would you please chect if,
#ifdef GNUSTEP
#include <gnustep/base/objc-gnu2next.h>
#endif

would do the trick?
I haven't looked into which runtime functions are used expilictily, but this header should do the mapping. for most.

But please check whether class_getClassMethod is used anywhere. Eventhough a maping exists, the parameters, that the two runtimes expect are different. I haven't had time to finish up my GSObjCRuntime patch yet, withi which I also wanted to submit a patch to this header to remove the mapping.

Also check whether the code ever does selector comparison with == as this is at the least unsafe for the GNU runtime. You should replace them with sel_eq(). But then you would probably need something like:

#ifdef GNUSTEP
#include <gnustep/base/objc-gnu2next.h>
#else
#define sel_eq(sel1,sel2) (sel1 == sel2)
#endif

Cheers,
Dave