Re: ANN: GNUstep base/make 1.7.0 (unstable)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep base/make 1.7.0 (unstable)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:08:15 -0600

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 02:57 AM, MJ Ray wrote:

Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:
Note that versions that have a odd minor release number (the second
number, y, in x.y.z) are unstable releases (like 1.5.2), which even
minor release numbers (1.4.1) are stable releases.

How can we help stabilise this for a stable release?

Well, there's probably some confusion about releases. I make an unstable release every month, with minimal testing. People on the list (at least in the past) thought this was a good idea to gain more visiblity and to help get feedback for people who do not use CVS. I make a stable release every 6 months, At that time I ask for people to test the release.