Re: Rendezvous

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Rendezvous
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:52:17 -0700

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:32:41 -0500 (CDT)
David Rogers <davidrogers23@earthlink.net> wrote:
> In order for NSNetServices to work, the mDNS responder needs to be
> running on each machine, client and server.  Then the services are
> registered with the daemon.  Apple has open sourced their Rendezvous
> implementation with Linux makefiles and such.  What should be done
> with the code for the mDNS daemon?

The "open sourced Rendezvous" Apple offers you to download _only_
includes a multicast DNS responder.

If you want to implement NSNetServices and friends, you probably need a
full Rendezvous compatible daemon, not just the mDNS responder.

Besides, since the above mentioned mDNS responder is licensed under the
APSL, I doubt that it can be added to GNUstep directly.

--
Chris