ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.2 & GWRemote 0.1

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.2 & GWRemote 0.1
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:45:13 +0300

GWorkspace 0.5.2

Besides the usual bug-fix and clean-up uf the code, the most important changes
are a cache for the most recent viewed directories and an optimization of the
file system watchers.

Some other new feature:

- added the possibility of opening another File Viewer window on "/"

- implemented "-application:openFile:".
So, if NSWorkspace, in -openFile: would call the -application:openFile: method of its
_workspaceApplication if the file is a directory, GWorkspace would show the directory
contents. This is the behaviour of "open" on openstep and Mac OS X.
There already is a tool for this, wopen, but I think that it would be better if
the user could use only gopen.
GWRemote 0.1

GWremote is a DO based application that let you browse the file system of a
remote host where the gwsd tool is running. You can also copy, move, delete,
link, duplicate files, on the remote host and edit little text files, too.

I wrote it because here we have many headless routers and I don't like to use
ssh and vi when I must edit something on a router ;-)

Even if GWRemote is a separate application, it is, for the moment, between the
GWorkspace sources because GWRemote needs the modified libGWorkspace that comes
with this release of GWorkspace.

Usage:
you must install the gwsd tool on a machine and run it with:

gwsd PASSWORD
where PASSWORD is the password that the GWRemote users will have to supply when
logging in.
This is a provvisional solution, beacause I use NSUserName() for the user name
but I don't know a not Linux-specific way to read the user password
(suggestions are wellcome).

Now you can launch GWRemote on an other machine (or on the same machine) and login
(Tools->Login).

GWorkspace is at:
www.gnustep.it/enrico/gworkspace
www.imago.ro/gworkspace