Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.2 & GWRemote 0.1

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.2 & GWRemote 0.1
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:38:43 +0200

> But, now, an other thing. Our admin is away ;-)))

if only he knew...

> and I'm very curious to
> know if DO works on a slower network;

i usually test this with traffic shaping.
traffic shaping is nice and really easy with pf, but i heard there is traffic
shaping also on linux, but i cannot comment on this.

> so I've added a roule in firewall to
> let gdomap open for 194.102.56.6. On this computer runs a gwsd for the user
> "gnustep" with password (only for gwsd) "12345678". Anybody is free to
> login and destroy anything, nothing important there... and let me know.

i was really surprised. it was really snappy. first connect was a bit slow.
but navigation worked w/o too much delay. it is way faster than some fish on
other remote servers. do does not seem to be the limiting factor, (or i do
not notice this, because your servers are so fast... ;)

btw: what do you think about a message, which indicates, that it is
connecting?

nice work.
(if only it was integrated in GWorkspace as io-slave or such ;-)
i know we had this discussion... i will bring it up, when i have time to
dedicate to this.)

~ibotty