Re: Vertical text on graph axis

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Vertical text on graph axis
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:34:39 +0100

> I looks like the text is reflected as well, so it's vertical AND
> backwards.

Hmmm... what does it do without the rotate - and is  the graphics state in the
view initialised ? i.e. have you done any other drawing in it already ?
What happens if you draw a rectangle - does it go where you expect ?

the only oddity I have seen with text is that NSString appears to be
using a flipped co-ordinate system sometimes.

I use alocateGState on the view when I create it, but I dont do
anything special before drawing other than locking focus in the
normal way (and if you are inside a drawInRect method then I think it has
locked the focus for you).

> I thought I saw the answer on this group, but I couldn't find it.
> Would you happen to know how to fix it?

Not off the top of my head - I've seen the "backwards text" thing on
nextStep machines when we forogt to lock the focus, but never just
doing simple drawing under OpenStep or GNUstep.

Does the rest of the graph come out looking O.K. ?

-bat.