Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:18:59 +0200

> > could somebody get the lighthouse
> > apps out of Sun, _pretty_please_ :-)
>
> Working on it... no kidding.  See sig. ;)

i allready signed this petition (both to be exact).
but i think sun will not simply ignore these requests.

so what do you think about asking sun about the price, we would have to pay,
to buy these *dead* applications.
gnu has bought commercial applications before. so this should be ok.
( and i am pretty sure, we would get some donations, i would donate for sure.
btw: we could credit all that have donated in the "About Lighthouse" dialog.

add: this is your chance to get onto a first class software project for only a
small fee!! )

is there somebody, who has/had contact with sun, or knows how to contact them
about that matter.

btw: gregory, i do not want to undermine the petition, i just think sun is
evil... ;)

~ibotty