Re: First Impressions of GNUStep

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: First Impressions of GNUStep
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:25:30 +0700

MJ Ray wrote:

Banlu Kemiyatorn <id@project-ile.net> wrote:
You can't! Applications' windows can't hide w/o dock. There's no place to hide.

Huh?  They hide "in" the appicon, so you double-click the appicon to get
them back again.  That's how I understand it, but if I'm wrong, please
someone point me at a good description of how it should work.

well, I mean what I want it to be :)
like ... if no Dock.app is running, nothing will handle appicon, so hiding stop working.
[window hide];
[window says:@"I don't hide!"];

To bring up any window, you simply use a pager or task bar.

Ewwwww ;-)  Pagers and task bars on GNUstep?
before I was killed :D but yes, I mean it. I am not talking about GNUstep desktop though. I mean if it is working in a different environment, like one that name.. er.. something..er..may be GNOM?