Re: drawAtPoint: draws a string in the wrong place

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: drawAtPoint: draws a string in the wrong place
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:02:38 +0200

On 18.06.2003 16:41:25 Pete French wrote:
>I just ran tests on both OSX and OpenStep 4.2 - both of those
>system draw the text with the point specifying the bottom left.
>GNUstep (I have only tried with back-art) draws with the point specifying
>the top left.
>
>Somebody (whos email address I have lost!) mailed me a piece
>from the spec which appears to say that the GNustep implementation
>is the correct one according to the spec - but if all other system use
>bottom left in practice then should we do the same ? Its also more
>intuitive as it then obevs the same rules as PSmovto and PSstroke do.

It's the bottom left corner as statet in:

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Cocoa/TasksAndConcepts/ProgrammingTopics/DrawViews/Tasks/TransformingCoords.html

By default, an NSView's coordinate system is based at (0.0, 0.0) in the
lower-left corner of its bounds rectangle, its units are the same size as
those of its superview, and its axes are parallel to those of its frame
rectangle.