[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:17:28 +0100

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 05:56  pm, Pete French wrote:

Perhaps your shell or OS can't handle the long argument line. Try to
copy and paste this command, except only include one .h file and then
run the command (in the Documentation subdirectory).

No, that doesnt help - I tried:

../Tools/obj/autogsdoc -Project Base -DocumentationDirectory Base -DocumentationDirectory ../Documentation/Base -HeaderDirectory ../Headers/Foundation -Declared Foundation -Standards YES -ConstantsTemplate TypesAndConstants -FunctionsTemplate Functions -MacrosTemplate Functions -TypedefsTemplate TypesAndConstants -VariablesTemplate TypesAndConstants -WordMap '{ FOUNDATION_EXPORT=extern;FOUNDATION_STATIC_INLINE=""; GS_STATIC_INLINE=""; GS_GEOM_SCOPE=extern;GS_GEOM_ATTR=""; GS_EXPORT=extern;GS_DECLARE=""; GS_RANGE_SCOPE=extern;GS_RANGE_ATTR=""; GS_ZONE_SCOPE=extern;GS_ZONE_ATTR=""; INLINE=inline; }' -Up Base ../Documentation/Base.gsdoc ../Documentation/OpenStepCompliance.gsdoc NSArchiver.h

and got the same answer.

My shell is bash2 and the operating system is FreeBSD 4.8

Sounds like a problem reported before a while back ... the basic trouble was that the arguments array of NSProcessInfo was getting set to an empty array, so autogsdoc didn't know of any files to process. I asked the person who had the problem to run under gdb to try to track it down, but never got any more info.

I believe it's an operating system specific bug ... I'm pretty sure the other person who had it was using some bsd variant.

Please, if you can, build your base library with debug=yes and use gdb to debug autogsdoc (passing it the same command line arguments). For gdb with objc support, you probably want a recent gdb snapshot or from the gdb cvs repository.

Alternatively, add fprintf(stderr,...) statements to the code in NSProcessInfo.m to show what values are getting passed in by the operating system, and to work out which method of initialising the arguments is being used.

I'd really like to know what's causing this problem ...

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]