Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:49:00 -0400

Enrico Sersale wrote:

[snip]

> Yes, I'd like to write such a thing.
> I knew that screenshot and I've the sources of that free version from
> peanuts. The only problem, visible if you look at the screenshot, is
> that I can't have transparent space between the tabs. The NSTabView must
> be in a borderless window and this window will have a background color;
> it will not be transparent. If somebody can suggest a solution for this
> or a aesthetically valid alternative, I'll write the shelf.

I know of a way, but it requires back-art and a defaults change (but then,
the default can be set inside the app, for that app only).

back-art has a "shaped window hack". When active, areas of a window that
are completely transparent will not be drawn (the window will be given a
shape that does not include transparent areas).