Some more GWorkspace suggestions

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Some more GWorkspace suggestions
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:41:45 +0300

Enrico (and others),

* GWorkspace currently has the Inspector "Access Control". Since its functionality (showing and editing of file permissions) already exists in the Attributes inspector, I think "Access Control" should be removed.

* There should be no need for the warning that the Desktop background image should be the same size as the screen. Instead GWorkspace should just center the image, as other desktops do, so even if it isn't the same size as the screen it still looks good. Remember, some young people like to put a small picture of their significant other on the Desktop background, and my girlfriend probably wouldn't like being blown up to 1024x768.

* The "DeskTop" (sic) preferences panel should be changed to simply "Background". If people see the word desktop, they may assume they can leave files there. What GWorkspace creates is more accurately described as a Background, IMHO.

Christopher Culver