Re: Some more GWorkspace suggestions

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Some more GWorkspace suggestions
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:15:53 +0300

On 2003-06-30 12:36:38 +0300 Andreas Heppel <aheppel@web.de> wrote:

On 2003-06-30 02:41:45 +0200 Christopher Culver
<crculver@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

* The "DeskTop" (sic) preferences panel should be changed to simply
"Background". If people see the word desktop, they may assume they can leave files there.
What GWorkspace creates is more accurately described as a Background, IMHO.
Did you ever try to leave a file or a folder there? If you did, you would have
noticed, that it is in fact a desktop and not a mere background.

Yes, but attention! The objects you put on the "desktop", *are not* moved from their
original location; it acts as a big shelf; there is not a "DesktopFolder" in GW.

I think, a major Workplace/Workspace/GWorkspace/... feature is documentation.
But, Dennis has started to work on this as part of an overall GUI guide and I
think it looks promising.

Cheers,
Andreas