[RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: David Ayers
Subject: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:06:45 +0200

Hello,

currently when installing -base and -gui you will find some of the gnustep specific headers in the Headers/Foundation and Headers/AppKit directories, when installing with non-apple-apple-apple configuration. If your code relies on these headers, you currently would include them like:

#include <Foundation/GSMime.h>

Yet when installing -baseadd with apple-apple-apple, I suspect these headers were installed in gnustep/base therefor requiering something like:

#ifndef NeXT_Foundation_LIBRARY
#include <Foundation/GSMime.h>
#else
#include <gnustep/base/GSMime.h>
#endif

I'm planning to fix this for the next release. As of then for all gnustep specific headers, your code should be updated to:

#include <gnustep/base/GSBaseSpecificHeader.h>
#include <gnustep/gui/GSGuiSpecificHeader.h>

In the next release there still will be dummy headers in Foundation and AppKit that emit a warning and then include the header from the new location, to ease updating.

Please let us know if you have concerns about this change.

Cheers,
David