Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:44:38 -0600

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 06:41 AM, David Ayers wrote:
Can I get one or two more views from the core developers and an agreement on the names GNUstepBase / GNUstepGui? I would then conceed to this change and start working on it (dependant of when the next releases are scheduled)

The problem with this is, again on apple-apple-apple, where if you have the header structure:

Headers/Foundation
Headers/GNUstepBase

and you have the includes "-I../Headers", then the compiler finds our foundation headers before the Apple Foundation headers. Having the two-level directory for the base-specific headers really helps this. I guess you could use:

Headers/os/Foundation
Headers/GNUstepBase

and have "-I../Headers -I../Headers/os/" when NOT compiling base on apple-apple-apple. (Note that the headers would still get installed in the same location (Headers/Foundation, Headers/GNUstepBase). I think the GNUstepBase name is fine, though.