Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:20:12 +0200

Nicola Pero wrote:

The problem with this is, again on apple-apple-apple, where if you have the header structure:

Headers/Foundation
Headers/GNUstepBase

and you have the includes "-I../Headers", then the compiler finds our foundation headers before the Apple Foundation headers. Having the two-level directory for the base-specific headers really helps this.

This is a very good point - we can not put the Foundation/ and the
GNUstepBase/ directories as siblings in the source directory tree.
Yes, thanks. I fully understand this, yet I would like to keep this thread focused on the "user" side of things, i.e. how we install -base and -baseadd, or more accurately, thier headers. I'll try to summerize the whole transition again on the developers list once we have a consensus. Then we can decide on a definate source structure.

Cheers,
David