Re: Language Setup Document (Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th char

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Language Setup Document (Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character ...)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:14:55 -0600

On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 01:59 PM, Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:
Then, may I confirm the following?

Can I give the copyright of my code to the FSF even after I make the code public? In other words, is it possible for the FSF to claim the copyright of some code which has already been made public? Or do I take the matters
too seriously?

I know these questions are somewhat ridiculous. But some of property laws are as such, aren't they?

Well there is a different between showing you code to people and 'making it public' (i.e. releasing it into the public domain). Just showing your code to someone does not change it's status at all - there's no harm in doing that unless you are afraid of someone stealing your code :-)

Releasing your code into the public domain, in some sense means that no one owns the copyright, which is also ok, as far as the FSF is concerned.