RETAIN(), RELEASE() etc.

From: Liam Whalen
Subject: RETAIN(), RELEASE() etc.
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:44:19 -0400 (EDT)

I am new to GNUstep and to Objective-C programming however I was just
checking the NSObject.h file where these memory managment macros are
defined and to me it looks like these macros do nothing at all.
The coding standards say that I should use these macros instead of the
member functions retain etc.  Wont using these macros as they are
currently defined result in memory leaks?  Or am I missing something.
I am also using gnustep-base-1.6.0 so I may just need to update to the
newer versions.

Liam