Re: Renaissance and EOInterface

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renaissance and EOInterface
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:41:49 +0100 (BST)

> > It uses the tag name to generate a class name, and then looks up a class
> > with that name.
>
> Hmmm... so why is '+ tagName' necessary in the class object ? Just to check
> you got the right classwhen you;ve created a liely looking name out of
> the tag ?

It is meant to be used for the reverse operation - when you generate XML
from a tree of objects, you call tagName of each object/class to know
which tag to use to encode that class.

If I remember correctly, this can be overridden too with a specific
mapping in the encoder.

I suppose yes, we could use +tagName to double-check that we got the right
class :-) when decoding, or we could attempt to get the tag name from the
class name by trying to match the class name to GSMarkupXXXTag etc.