Re: Possible MacOS X compier problem

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: Possible MacOS X compier problem
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:44:22 +1000

> > The following code works with the FSF compiler but not with the recent
> > (gcc-1465) Apple version.
> >         return [[[ArchiverQuoted createBegin: aZone]
> >                  setQuotedObject: [self getExpr]]
> >                   createEnd];
> or isn't it? Then the result of the above concatenation would be highly
> architecture dependent I think. It probably works on ix86 because the
> arguments are passed on the stack and not in registers, but that's
> rather a guess.

Thanks for the thought, but I don't think that can be the problem.  The
code works using the FSF compiler from gcc.gnu.org, but not with the Apple
one.  Both compilers use all the same build tools other than the compiler.
 In both cases the assembler, static and dynamic linkers are the Apple
ones.  Arguments are passed in registers by both compilers because that is
the Mach-O standard.

Bill Northcott