Re: Cooperation between Gorm and Project Center.

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: Cooperation between Gorm and Project Center.
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:42:52 +0200

Hi Gregory,

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 01:49 AM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:
Philippe,
There needs to be some integration between Gorm and Project Center. I will soon be working on getting some of the necessary portions of the Interface
Builder framework written to facilitate this.

Please let me know what you think.

I thought about this a while ago, and I did put this on the list for the next PC releases, I think this will enhance the usability of both apps a lot. The question is what do we want to offer and how will we achieve it. Since PC will also interact with other apps - eg like code editors or debuggers - I planned to introduce a PC DO server (in fact it is there in fragment since years, but not used at all :) for such kind of interaction. On the other hand, for simpler stuff some notifications might do it as well.

Ideas for potential interaction are:

- file addition/creation to an existing project via Gorm
- class additions/changes from Gorm which are then reflected in PC
- [reflect class additions/changes in Gorm made via PC?]
- [PC project creation using PC functionality via Gorm?]

Other ideas?

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert