Very odd behaviour in Ink.app using UTF8 encoding

From: Pete French
Subject: Very odd behaviour in Ink.app using UTF8 encoding
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:35:07 +0100

This is very strange:

$ GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING=NSUTF8StringEncoding openapp Ink

will not let me open any RTF files from my home directory, though it will from
subdirectories.

$ openapp Ink

works fine and lets me open the rtf files from my home directory.

?!

Why would changing the string encoding alter what files appear in the
open panel ? The file is called 'test.rtf' - and doesnt even appear in
the lsting when I run with UTF8 encoding enabled.

-bat.