Re: Internationalisation and fonts - a suggestion

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Internationalisation and fonts - a suggestion
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:26:19 +0100

> and typed `ls`. I tracked it down to a single file, which had an
> LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE in seemingly malformed UTF-8. Once
> GWorkspace hit this, it went crazy and started missing some of the

Now that might explain things. I certainly have alot of interesting garbage
in my home directory. I was also looking at the internal implementation
of the UTF8 translation code last night and it doesnt seem that robust (see
the bug I posted for starters). It should be simple enough to recode that to
skip garbage UTF8 sequences rather than barfing over the whole string and
returning nil - which might help this problemmaybe ? I will try and take
a look at that when I get some time.

-bat.