Re: GDL2 How-To

From: Frédéric PRACA
Subject: Re: GDL2 How-To
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:14:59 +0200

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:42:20 +0200 (CEST)
Manuel Guesdon <ml@orange-concept.com> wrote:

> Bonjour Frédéric,
Salut

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:34:08 +0200 Frédéric PRACA
> <frederic.praca@freebsd-fr.org> wrote:
> >| I just started looking at GDL2 which seems to be the most powerful
> >layer | between objects and relationnal databases I've seen.
> >| Well, I have problems :
> >| - First, there's no doc with it nor examples. So I read the doc
> >from db and the | examples which are almost good fro gdl2
> >| - Second, after reading everything and keeping it like handbook, I
> >didn't found | anywhere how to simply select and retrieve objects
> >from my little database. No | how-to, nothing ... Well looking in
> >header files, I found some methods in | DatabaseChannel but
> >specifying entities in the request seems redundant to me (I | already
> >described it in the model file with the mapping).| Does someone know
> >where I can find help or a little example well commented with |
> >application objects and how to retrieve them from the database ?|
> >Thanks a lot|
> >| Fred
> >|
> >| PS: please don't give the links on developer.apple.com, everything
> >about EOF is | in WebObjects and is now in Java.
>

> You can find legacy/objc docs here:
>
> http://www.geminisolutions.com/WebObjects_4.5/Documentation/Developer/EnterpriseObjects/Guide/GuideTOC.html
> and WO docs here:
>
> http://www.geminisolutions.com/WebObjects_4.5/Documentation/Developer/WebObjects/DevGuide/DevGuideTOC.html

Found them yesterday but even if there are good docs, there's still no complete
example showing the complete process of retrieveing data in objects from
database. I found some hints but I still can't retrieve my data.
Thanks a lot (quand même ;-).

> Manuel

Fred