Re: PhotoClip Annoncement

From: Tima Vaisburd
Subject: Re: PhotoClip Annoncement
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:15:30 -0700

Hi Stephan,

> i just wan't to tell you that i think it's a nice app

Thank you!

> (hoping that this keeps you going on working on this app).

This will take a while now, unfortunately. I shall put more attention at
what I'm doing at work now ;-))

> is it possible not to show the empty window on startup?

Well, of course, it's possible, but the problem is I'm not
fully understand the NeXT desktop model nor do I approve what I understand,
so I would not like to remove it right now. Is it really so annoying?

> saving images after rotating

Oh yes! And many more... But as I said, I haven't started with
the editing yet.

> zooming!

It's supposed to appear naturally when you clip a portion of your image
- similar to how iPhoto does.

> Mini-Pictures (iphoto-like) :-)

Here I have to say 'no'. Sorry, man :-)

I would like to make something in the spirit of the _editing block_
of iPhoto, but i didn't like the idea of iPhoto as a whole. I believe
mini-pictures belong to the file manager level (actually, Konqueror
does pretty good job here), and so the feel of iPhoto
should come from the interaction between file manager and picture
editing module. Of course you'd get much more powerful "feel".

Thanks again!
Tima.