Re: [objc-improvements] Yet another set of fixes committed

From: Ziemowit Laski
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements] Yet another set of fixes committed
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:02:33 -0700

On Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003, at 17:44 US/Pacific, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

Ziemowit Laski wrote:
[snip]
Please test away!  I will now sync up with HEAD and, if there are no
regressions, will commit that as well.

GNUstep fails to build; the first error was caused by a minor problem in
the new code. However, testing the message passing behavior shows that
the new code gets several cases wrong. The commit message implies that
there is/was something amiss with the commit. Is this the case? If not,
I'll get to work on a patch to clean things up and a set of test cases
that covers all the cases I can find.

Can you be more specific as to what is broken?  Certainly, you're more
than welcome to make a patch :-), but perhaps it's something really
trivial that I omitted/comitted...

Also/more importantly, could you provide me with a quickie tarball of
GNUStep sources that I could just run 'make' on? The GNUStep installation
liturgy I found on the Web is highly discouraging. :-(

Thanks,

--Zem
Ziemowit Laski                 1 Infinite Loop, MS 301-2K
Mac OS X Compiler Group        Cupertino, CA USA  95014-2083
Apple Computer, Inc.           +1.408.974.6229  Fax .5477