Best way to draw image in menu title?

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Best way to draw image in menu title?
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:56:57 -0400

I'm plinking around with a theme bundle to match my WindowMaker theme.  I'm
trying to draw an image into the menu titlebar (NSMenuWindowTitleView, drawRect
method).  What's currently there is this:

  [[NSColor windowFrameColor] set];
  NSRectFill(workRect);

There is an NSDrawBitmap() function, but the Apple docs say it might be more
useful to employ the NSBitmapImageRep class; though there are plenty of other
bitmap and image classes too.  The question: which class do you guys think
would be best for this task, both for functionality (scaling AND tiling, as
well as shading the borders of the image) and performance considerations?  I'm
pretty new to the GUI classes, so I may need some in-depth guidance on this.

Thanks...