Re: Postal address layouts?

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Postal address layouts?
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 00:39:16 -0400

From: Aredridel <aredridel@nbtsc.org>
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:51:08 -0600
How about being general:

((Mailing Info)
(Lesser Locale)(Greater Locale)(Postal Code)
(Country))

I think this is a good idea because the format differs so much among countries.
 If users want to do the search, the format really doesn't matter.
If users want to do the sorting, sorting by city (Lesser Locale) is generally enough.
 I think this format is for storage, not display.
 Display format depends on the country,
 which can be handle by bundle, as suggested by David Wetzel.
 So does the telephone.
 Telephone can be simply stored as ("country code", "local number"),
 but parsed/displayed in different format depending on the country.

 Yen-Ju

Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today! https://broadband.msn.com