Re: ANN: Gps 0.2

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: ANN: Gps 0.2
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:30:26 -0700 (PDT)

You (and others) might consider this nitpicky, but, unfortunately in the
acronym-laden world we live in, Gps sounds, to me, like "GNUstep ps" I'm
not at all sure about this, but do you think renaming it to GPS would help
at all? After all, GPS = Global Positioning System, not Global positioning
system. The conflict which would remain would be if someone were to
misread it as "GNUstep PostScript" or something silly like that...In
reality, though, I don't think your average joe would make that
connection.

I'm merely offering some constructive criticism WRT to naming conventions,
not trying to be needlessly pedantic or tell you how to name your programs
;-)

What do you (and others) think?

Alex Perez
Chief Linguistic Nit-Picker and Taxi Driver ;-)
aperez@student.santarosa.edu