Re: ANN: Gps 0.2

From: Pascal J . Bourguignon
Subject: Re: ANN: Gps 0.2
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 00:52:44 +0200

Martin Brecher writes:

> Enrico Sersale wrote:
> | What about "Magellan"?
>
> Already taken. <http://freshmeat.net/projects/magellan/>
>
> Personally, I like Galileo better, especially since the G associates it
> with GPS, too. (At least in my twisted mind :-) )

Galileo  too is  already  taken. It's  the  name of  the European  GPS
system.  The  american one  has no name,  only G.P.S.  The  russian is
GLONASS.

In addition,  when you're only  one subclass to another  system, you'd
better find a generic or an independant name.

WhereAmI.app
GSPosition.app
GSCoordinates.app

--