Re: [Q] Font related questions...

From: S.J.Chun
Subject: Re: [Q] Font related questions...
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:34:39 +0900 (KST)

I'm using 2.1.4 version of freetype.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christopher Culver <crculver@users.sourceforge.net>
  To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
  Sent: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:55:12 +0300

  On 2003-09-26 09:08:40 +0300 S.J.Chun <chunsj@embian.com> wrote:
  > Here comes the questions; I'm using art backend.
  > 1. Can I setup ttf font set like in GTK2? For example, FreeSans for english
  > and Gulim for Korean... and etc.

  I don't think that is possible, and it's unfortunate. It would be nice if
  GNUstep had font replacement like GTK2 so that if an app calls for a glyph
  which doesn't exist within the default font, the glyph will be automatically
  substituted from another font.

  UI sizes in GNUstep are calculated (well, they should be) for the font Vera
  Sans 12. However, this lacks a lot of glyphs, so people who use other scripts
  must choose another font, and sometimes this font is too big or too small for
  the UI.

  > 2. Font display problem. Sometimes receiver is displayed like 're ceiver'
as
  > if there's space but there's nothing.

  This is a Freetype problem, I believe. What version of Freetype are you using?

  Christopher Culver

  --
  Christopher Culver - crculver@users.sourceforge.net
  PGP key ID: ECA6CDA8 (sign only)