CodeEditor 0.4.3 is released

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: CodeEditor 0.4.3 is released
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:12:09 -0400

What's different from 0.4.2 ?

* Disable ligature handling so that syntax highlight in art backend
 is as fast as xlib backend through the text system cache.

 With the text system cache, render time of NSTexView.m
 reduce from 40s to 7s on PIII 700MHz notebook.
 It overrides the private methods in GSLayoutManager
 and should be considered as a hack, which might be broken in the future.
 There should be more space to improve the speed as long as
 I can understand the implementation of text system more.

* Enable method panel to display and quick jump to methods.
 This is also a proof that language bundle can parse source code
 efficiently and accuratly without complicated handling.

 CodeEditor is a text editor so that I won't address much on code parsing.
 But the parsing mechanism might be suitable for other projects.

* Various bugs fixed and work on GNUstep 0.9.0.

If you want some features for CodeEditor, especially on the text view,
please let me know so that I can start "thinking" of it. :)

Homepage: http://www.nongnu.org/codeeditor

Download: http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=codeeditor

CVS: http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=codeeditor

Yen-Ju