Re: Questions for deploying GNUStep

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Questions for deploying GNUStep
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:34:40 -0400

From: Rafael de Jaime Juli?<stereoboy20@yahoo.es>
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Subject: Questions for deploying GNUStep
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:24:21 +0200

First of all, hi to the list.

Now, I wonder what would be the best way of deploying GNUStep as a desktop system... Is DGS reliable/working/useful or not? Which is the best (alpha and such things) backend for GNUStep? Is it possible to change the theme? I mean, is the GUI formed off pixmaps or is it hard-coded? Would it be too hard to theme it?

 DGS doesn't work, but GNUstep has two working backends for display.
 art backend supports alpha, and should be better than xlib backend.
 For the theme, check here: http://www.roard.com/camaelon/
You can get everything you need from GNUstep wiki: http://wiki.gnustep.org/.

 Hope it help

 Yen-Ju