Re: Debian and SimplyGNUstep

From: Rafael de Jaime
Subject: Re: Debian and SimplyGNUstep
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:20:30 +0200 (CEST)

> I also do not like FHS, I think FHS is not for
> GNUstep or any *STEP
> things.
> Even MacOSX does not follow this(actually they
> adjust even normal
> programs like
> apache to their own standard and I like this
> standard). Why should we
> follow
> FHS?

I agree with this. Since there are a couple
Linux-based GNUStep distros coming, maybe we should
set up our own standard. Or even make it respect both
standards:

Make /System, /Network, /Applications symlinks
pointing to /usr/lib/GNUstep/System (i.e.) and add a
.hidden file (plus support for the .hidden file in
GWorkspace if it doesn't have it already) and there
you go. To the user, the filesystem layout would look
quite like Mac OS X, but still Linux programs would be
able to run without modifications, since they don't
care about .hidden. That would work, wouldn't it?

Rafa.-

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es