Re: Vote for a new name

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Vote for a new name
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

I second this.   I really believe that LDAPBrowser does fit the application
here.   Directory is somewhat ambigiuous since it could be taken to mean
directories in the file system.

GJC

--- Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
> > I have been thinking about this too, and must say I find it very hard to
> >  come up with a good name. The most logical one to me would be
> > DirectoryBrowser.app but I know that Directory might be confusing.
> But Directory != LDAP. DirectoryBrowser.app does NOT tell you what the
> program does, while LDAPBrowser, in fact, does, assuming you know what
> LDAP is, which is where it gets a bit hairy...
> > I had the same problem as Lee, with GSLDAPBrowser and LDAPBrowser. I
> > don't know a good English term for Directory that would not create the
> > confusion with directories on disk.
> >
> > So the end conclusion to me would be DirectoryBrowser.app since nothing
> > else could describe the app more clearly.
> >
> Alex Perez

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---